Sunday 25 March 2018

Review: Fun Factory Amor


Many people start stimulating themselves externally before moving to internal stimulation. Similarly, I had vibrators before I thought to get anything else.

My first insertable toy was my Pure Wand, a glorious chunk of solid stainless steel with a hardcore C-shaped curve meant for extreme G-spotting. In retrospect, it was an ambitious choice for a first-time internal toy. But I was swayed by glowing reviews! I was wooed by tales of wonder and female ejaculation! After all, songs have been sung about the njoy Pure Wand, epic ballads penned in its name. I was so convinced that this was The One (TM) for me that I got contract work just to pay for that toy.

And, like, I was stoked, but as mentioned in my review, I kept feeling like I just didn't get the Pure Wand. I thought it would be the pinnacle of my internal explorations, but it was more confusing than anything else. Why did it feel so difficult to pinpoint my G-spot, as if it was moving around all the time? And if this magical metal wand was the be all and end all of G-spotters, why did I keep feeling like I needed something softer, more squish, with a less extreme curve?

Enter the Amor. When I decided to start looking for a silicone insertable, it had to fit into my personal visual tastes. I have a strong sense of distaste verging on mild body horror with regards to realistic/anatomical toys, and I wanted something as non-representational as possible. Something small. Nothing fancy, or ambitious. When my research revealed the Fun Factory Amor to be the smallest of their line, I was pretty much sold upfront. Small! Cute! Comes in baby pink! Most importantly, on sale over Black Friday! What's not to love?


Turns out I had GRAVELY MISCALCULATED. Yes, the Amor is that manufacturer's smallest dildo in length, and this is probably why it's often billed as a decent beginner toy, but the diameter is a different story. I'm not used to particularly girthy toys and agonised for ages over my purchase of the Luna Beads and the Pure Wand because I thought they would be "too big" for me. The Amor has a solid 3.5cms diameter, and dang, that extra .5 makes a difference to the uninitiated. But hey, I'm getting ahead of myself.

The first thing I did upon unboxing this toy from its nondescript cardboard packaging (affordable packaging for quality toys ftw!) was try stick it to my forehead like a majestic unicorn. I mean, the base is a suction cup. Who wouldn't? Alas, it works better on smooth surfaces, like glass and tile. Aw. After the initial disappointment, I was pretty excited to find it was both squishy and springy, with enough firmness to provide support to the gentle upward curve. It is also approximately the length of the 'average' (?) penis, so isn't too terrifying. All seemed well and good until I actually tried to use the thing and discovered that girth, tho. Unfortunately, I'd forgotten about my Organic Machine lubricants and had opted for an old tube of KY because I couldn't use my usual trusty silicone. I definitely prefer thicker, longer-lasting lubricants to their more watery compatriots, and a more resilient lubricant might be helpful to anyone not used to internal toys. And fear not, people, I was fine -- just wish I'd been a bit more mentally prepared.

After a couple of tries, I really found the Amor growing on me, and would recommend it to anyone looking to get something short and sweet. People with grip problems might find it difficult to grasp and control the base of the toy just because it is so short, but for its dimensions it's a pretty good deal. The upward curve combined with the medium-firm silicone creates some decent heft for thrusting, while the girth also adds some additional substance once you get used to it. The suction-cup base means that can be used in creative ways, probably -- if you're into bathroom-based masturbation. It really can't be used in many other places, unless you own a dance studio, and kind of gets in the way more than anything. Because the toy is just so short, I find myself grabbing onto the base/suction cup area, which is almost triangular in shape and thus is a bit awkward to hold while keeping the Amor at the correct angle. This is pretty much my only fault with this toy (other than its INCESSANT lint and cat-hair collection properties), and could only really be amended if it had a bit more length that could be used like a handle. But in that case, let's face it -- I probably wouldn't have gotten it at all.

This toy turned out to be a big win for me, but others might find it a bit unexciting in its simplicity. It's not a toy that will really wow the experienced user because it's just not bombastic that way, but it serves its purpose and makes for a wonderful starter piece. Not too intense, not too boring. I wanted a silicone insertable that would be a little softer and less targeted than the Pure Wand, and that's exactly what I got with the Fun Factory Amor. And hey, I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Affiliates